Full-time, remote work position with in-office option
Davidson Belluso is seeking a Public Relations Specialist with 5-7 years of experience in public relations and strategic communications to manage related client accounts, statewide.
Davidson Belluso is a dynamic, full-service marketing communications agency that is team-focused, creative, collaborative and fun. Our growing client list spans many industries, with a particular focus on education, government, healthcare, financial services, and travel and tourism.
We are seeking someone with excellent writing and editing skills as well as a strong work ethic and a collaborative attitude.
ESSENTIAL DAILY FUNCTIONS
- Reports to Account Executive to manage client public relations efforts and campaigns.
- Engages with client and account team to provide excellent client services and quality outcomes.
- Manages all public relations account work while also executing all plan deliverables.
- Writes, edits and proofreads press releases, media alerts, blogs and related content.
- Creates social media content and manages both internal and client channels.
- Develops media lists and media pitches and actively pitches relevant story ideas.
- Performs media research and pulls coverage reports and analytics.
- Utilizes social listening tools to track social media engagement and generate related reports.
- Assists with community relations efforts through planning, staffing or support on occasion. Position may require work on evenings and weekends and may involve limited travel.
- Researches and contributes to strategic planning, reporting and creative brainstorming for public relations and social media campaigns.
- Participates in researching, writing, editing, and implementing annual communications plans and reports for various clients.
- Plans for and participates in offsite client events and presentations.
- Collaborates with teams throughout the agency on a variety of projects and planning efforts, including pitching new ideas to client.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous public relations, marketing, or advertising agency experience.
- Ability to take initiative on projects and tasks and meet pressing client deadlines.
- Solutions driven and creative ideation.
- Media relations pitch experience in the local Phoenix market as well as statewide and national.
- Experience with content publishing and blogging.
- Familiarity/experience with Critical Mention, Cision and other media research tools.
- Demonstrated social media content creation, management, and experience with social media management tools.
- Knowledge of Function Point preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent experience in a public relations environment.
- Minimum 5-7 years in public relations.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in AP Style.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs.
- Must work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Please send your resume, samples of work, and a minimum of three (3) references to “careers at davidsonbelluso.com”.
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- Your resume in PDF format.
- Links to some of your work.
- A minimum of three references.
- Time and availability to start working, if selected.
- Desired salary range.
Job Type: Full-time.
Staff has the option of working remotely per our current Work-From-Home policy.